Charles L. Owens, Jr., LUTCF, LACP is the founder and CEO of Owens Financial Group, Inc. and has been actively and continuously providing risk management, insurance and financial services since 1984. In 1984, Charles took it upon himself to build, from the bottom up, a business that represents for his “small-town” values of transparency, honesty, integrity and character. Charles functions as the epitome of a consumer advocate and handles his advisor responsibilities to his clients without biased opinions from outside influences. Charles’ approach to his work is a pledge to his clients and is simply stated as “Focus on You, Always!”. Charles gave birth to this client pledge more than three and half decades ago and it continues today, without reservation.
The following is a snapshot of Charles’ back story:
- A fourth generation Floridian
- Graduate of Abraham Baldwin College – Associate of Science Degree
- Graduate of the University of Georgia – Bachelor of Business Administration; dual major, Real Estate, Insurance and Risk Management.
- Professional Industry Designation: received the LUTCF designation; Life Underwriters Training Council Fellow. Conferred jointly by The Life Underwriters Training Council Committee and the Nation Association of Life Underwriters (NALU).
- Professional Industry Certification: received the LACP certification; Life and Annuity Certified Professional. This certification was jointly conferred by the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Certification Committee and the American College of Financial Services.
- Current Business Status: received and maintains from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) an Accredited Business status of A+, highest rating.
- Charles is a proud six-year service Veteran of the United States Air Force; served in a Medical Service Flight during the Vietnam War.